The General Electric Company (GE) is an American multinational company. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry. GE is best known for its work in the Aviation, Power, Healthcare, and Renewable Energy industries.
- GE Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft.
- GE Power is focused on creating the energy technologies of the future and improving the power networks that are depended on today.
- GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications, and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform.
- GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun, and the force of water.
GE is committed to tackling the world’s biggest challenges and believes that climate change is one of the most pressing issues faced today, with increasing energy demand and roughly one billion people without access to reliable power. GE is focused on playing an essential role in advancing the global energy transition and building decarbonization solutions for a world that works, and they are uniquely positioned to help meet the world’s needs for reliable, affordable, and sustainable power and safe, efficient flight.
Beyond their technology, GE supports policies that promote ambitious greenhouse gas reduction goals aligned with the Paris Agreement.
General Electic Stock Details
- Ticker: nyse:ge
- Sector: Industrials
- Industry: Specialty Industrial Machinery
- Market Cap: 130.57B
- Market Cap Group: Large Cap
- P/E: 14.04
- Dividend Yield: 0.27%
GM Industry Competitors
The competitive landscape is important as they compete for the same business. Below is the list of competitors in the same industry. While not displayed, a number of metrics you can also use to evaluate your picks are the Chowder Score, the Relative Strength Index (RSI), the Graham Number, and the Piotroski F-Score.
|HON||NYSE:HON||Honeywell International Inc.||127.51||23.98||2.23||NO||1||9||94|
|ITW||NYSE:ITW||Illinois Tool Works||72.77||23.47||2.32||YES||1||9||94|
|ROP||NYSE:ROP||Roper Technologies, Inc.||56.14||45.52||0.57||YES||1||9||94|
|JBHT||NASDAQ:JBHT||JB Hunt Transport Services Inc.||18.88||24.67||0.92||NO||1||9||94|
|AOS||NYSE:AOS||AO Smith Corp.||11.30||38.43||1.68||YES||1||9||94|
Top Picks by Bay Street Experts
Expert stock analysts have shared their opinions, and sometimes prediction, on the company.
For more top picks from stock analysts on Bay Street, check the full list of top picks by expect stock analysts from investment and asset management firms.
Not all analysts are equal and they don't cover the same type of stocks. The analysts performance and ownership is tracked for comparison.