Stella-Jones is a North America’s premier provider of pressure treated wood products. The company enjoys a strong reputation for providing reliable high quality wood products in the North American market. Stella-Jones operates through two business segments, the production and sale of pressure treated wood, and logs and lumber.
The company’s product mix consists of railway ties (30%), residential lumber (25%), utility poles (32%), logs and lumber (8%), and industrial products (5%). The company owns 37 wood treating facilities spread across sixteen U.S. states and five Canadian provinces, and a huge distribution network across North America.
By geography, the US is Stella-Jones’ largest market accounting for nearly 70% of its total sales, while Canada constitutes the remaining 30%. The company also has a small presence in Latin and South American markets.