The North West Company is a leading retailer catering to the needs of underserved rural communities and neighborhoods in Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands and the Caribbean.
The North West Company derives 60% of its sales from Canada and the remaining 40% from international markets. As a leading retailer to rural and remote communities and urban neighbourhoods, the company operates through more than 100 Northern stores, 44 Giant Tiger discount stores, 22 Quickstop stores, NorthMart stores, pharmacy and convenience stores in Canada, and over 20 Alaska Commercial companies, Cost-U-Less stores, Quickstop convenience stores, etc. in the international markets.
The North West Company has operations around shipping, air cargo, wholesaling, retailing and supermarket format stores. The company offers a wide range of products and services including food, apparel, housewares, appliances, outdoor products and income tax return preparation, quick-service prepared food, prepaid card products, ATMs, cheque cashing and proprietary credit programs.