Inter Pipeline is an integrated energy infrastructure company in Canada that engages in the transportation and storage of petroleum, and natural gas liquids processing. Inter Pipeline operates four business segments namely oil sands transportation, NGL processing, conventional oil pipelines and bulk liquid storage.
The company operates through an extensive network of pipeline systems spanning over 7,800 kilometers and transports over 1.4 million barrels per day. In addition, the company also owns petroleum and petrochemical storage terminals with a combined storage capacity of 37 million barrels across Europe.
It operates one of the largest NGL businesses in Canada. Canada is its principal place of business accounting for 95% of its earnings while the remaining 5% is from Europe. Ownership of world-scale energy infrastructure assets in strategic locations, stable and diversified FFO are strong competitive advantages for Inter Pipeline.