Cardinal Health Inc. is a global, integrated healthcare solutions provider. It is a leading distributor of pharmaceutical and medical products to pharmacies, hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 60 countries including the US, Canada, and European and Asian markets.
Cardinal Health has become a leading household name with more than three million patients using its healthcare products. In addition, the company also supplies 10,000 specialty physician clinics, 6,700 laboratories, 26,000 pharmacies. Cardinal Health has a huge presence in the U.S. in nearly 85% of the U.S. hospitals. It has operations in 46 countries and manages one of the country’s largest distribution networks.
The company manufactures nearly 2.5 billion healthcare products each year. Accounting for nearly 90% of the revenues, the Pharmaceutical is Cardinal Health’s larger segment involved in the distribution of specialty and generic pharmaceutical, healthcare, and consumer products in the US. The Medical segment (constituting the remaining 10%) manufactures and distributes Cardinal Health and other branded medical, surgical and laboratory products, in the US and other key markets.