Sleep Country is a leading mattress and bedding company in Canada. It also deals in specialty sleep products. The company manages its business on the basis of two operating segments, SCC and Endy but has only one reportable segment.

Sleep Country has extensive experience of 25 years in the mattress industry. Starting out with four stores in Vancouver, British Columbia, the chain has since grown to over 265 stores across Canada. It has a national as well as a regionally diverse footprint. The company derives nearly 80% of its revenues from its core mattress business and the remaining 20% is from accessories.

The company operates a network of 276 stores and 17 distribution centers across Canada and also offers Canadians eCommerce services from coast-to-coast. Other than mattresses, Sleep Country also provides other sleep accessory products such as pillows, sheets, duvets, and headboards and footboards.

Stock Chart & Metrics

  • Ticker: tse:zzz
  • Sector: Consumer Cyclical
  • Industry: Specialty Retail
  • Market Cap: 0.87B
  • Market Cap Group: Small Cap
  • P/E: 13.02
  • Dividend Yield: 3.70%

Competitors

The competitive landscape is important as they compete for the same business. Below is the list of competitors in the same industry. While not displayed, a number of metrics you can also use to evaluate your picks are the Chowder Score, the Relative Strength Index (RSI), the Graham Number, and the Piotroski F-Score.

Ticker Ticker Company Market Cap P/E Yield Aristocrat Graph SectorID IndustryID
GPC NYSE:GPC Genuine Parts 20.08 16.07 2.78 YES 1 3 95
BBY NYSE:BBY Best Buy Co., Inc. 18.35 14.85 4.43 NO 1 3 95
CTC.A TSE:CTC.A Canadian Tire Corporation 7.57 27.15 5.15 YES 1 3 95
LNF TSE:LNF Leon's Furniture 1.49 10.40 3.30 NO 1 3 95
ZZZ TSE:ZZZ Sleep Country 0.87 13.02 3.70 NO 1 3 95

Sleep Country - FAQ

What is the stock ticker for Sleep Country?

The stock ticker for Sleep Country is TSE:zzz.

Is Sleep Country a good stock to buy?

You need to consider your investment strategy and how TSE:zzz can fit in your portfolio.

The current dividend income score of 5/10 and dividend growth score of 4/10. Those 2 metrics together should help you decide the fit for your portfolio. Be it for income or for growth.

Is Sleep Country a Buy, Sell or Hold?

The Dividend Snapshot Opportunity Score of 50 out of 100.

The score reflects the strength of a buy signal but it does not show a sell signal if it's low. The higher the better.

A sell signal is more difficult as it often relies on the reason you bought the stock in the first place.

How can I buy stocks for Sleep Country?

You can easily buy the ZZZ stock with an online trading platform.

Just make sure the stock fits your risk profile and investment goals.


Use A Winning Investment Strategy

My portfolio is generating over 12% annual returns since 2009. It's not from the beginning of the year or from 2019, it's from 2009 !!! That's a consistent return which means using the rule of 72, I double my portfolio every 6 years.

My approach is simple but you need key data that I have cultivated with the Dividend Snapshot Screeners. No other investment services provide you with easy to understand data but also actionable data. No hidden magic.

In fact, I have tried all of the investment services for dividend investors like a crash test dummy of investment services. Just ask me, and you'll learn why there was nothing I could use out there and that's how the Dividend Snapshot Screeners were borned!