Canadian Natural Resources

Canadian Natural Resources is a diversified and independent energy producer in the world. It is the largest independent natural gas and heavy crude oil producer in Canada. 

It operates a balanced mix of natural gas, light crude oil, heavy crude oil, and oil sands. The company holds some of the best oil sand assets in North America, particularly thermal in situ properties, having tremendous growth potential.

The company’s business can be broadly classified into Exploration and Production (North America, North Sea, offshore Africa), Oil Sands Mining and Upgrading, and Midstream and Refining segments. The Exploration and Production segment is Canadian Natural’s core business, while the other two businesses provide a nice diversification.

Canadian Natural has a balanced mix of natural gas, light crude oil, heavy crude oil, bitumen, and SCO. The company also owns midstream assets consisting of two crude oil pipeline systems and cogeneration plants, which enables the transportation of heavy crude oil in international markets.

Candian Natural derives nearly 89% of its total revenue from the sale of crude oil and NGLs and the remaining 11% from natural gas.

DISCLOSURE: Please note that links to merchants mentioned within this post might be using an affiliate link. Using an affiliate link means that, at zero cost to you, I might earn a commission if you buy something through that affiliate link.

Key Investment Data

  • Ticker: tse:cnq
  • Sector: Energy
  • Industry: Oil & Gas E&P
  • Market Cap: 50.37B
  • P/E: 12.35
  • Dividend Yield: 4.42%
  • Payout Ratio (TTM): 51.90%

Competitors

TickerTickerCompanyMarket CapP/EAristocratGraphSectorIDIndustryID
COPNYSE:COPConocoPhillips78.9040.36NO1569
CNQTSE:CNQCanadian Natural Resources50.3712.35YES1569
EOGNYSE:EOGEOG Resources, Inc.43.3516.54NO1569
OXYNYSE:OXYOccidental Petroleum Corporation25.150.00NO1569
TOUTSE:TOUTourmaline Oil13.679.26NO1169
OVVTSE:OVVOvintiv9.790.00NO1569
ARXTSE:ARXArc Resources7.2720.60NO1569
WCPTSE:WCPWhitecap Resources Inc.3.626.23NO1569
MURNYSE:MURMurphy Oil Corporation3.2651.54NO1569
PSKTSE:PSKPrairieSky Royalty Ltd.3.0644.52NO1569
CPGTSE:CPGCrescent Point Energy2.891.38NO1569
ERFTSE:ERFEnerplus Corporation2.100.00NO1569
VETTSE:VETVermillion Energy1.571.93NO1569
FRUTSE:FRUFreehold Royalties Ltd1.2868.56NO1569
BNETSE:BNEBonterra Energy Corp.0.181.30NO1569

Top Picks By Bay St Experts

A Winning Investment Strategy

My portfolio is generating over 12% annual returns since 2009. It's not from the beginning of the year or from 2019, it's from 2009 !!! That's a consistent return which means using the rule of 72, I double my portfolio every 6 years.

My approach is simple but you need key data that I have cultivated with the Dividend Snapshot Screeners. No other investment services provide you with easy to understand data but also actionable data. No hidden magic.

In fact, I have tried all of the investment services for dividend investors like a crash test dummy of investment services. Just ask me, and you'll learn why there was nothing I could use out there and that's how the Dividend Snapshot Screeners were borned!

Join 128,000+ Monthly Investors & Build a Winning Portfolio

DISCLOSURE: Please note that I may have a position in one or many of the holdings listed. For a complete list of my holdings, please see my Dividend Portfolio.

DISCLAIMER: Please note that this blog post represents my opinion and not an advice/recommendation. I am not a financial adviser, I am not qualified to give financial advice. Before you buy any stocks/funds consult with a qualified financial planner. Make your investment decisions at your own risk – see my full disclaimer for more details.