AT&T Inc. is the largest telecom player in the world, by revenue. It is a leading U.S. based communications and digital entertainment service provider, offering mobile, broadband, subscription TV services and live TV offerings.

AT&T has reorganized its business into four units, Communications (84% of 2018 revenues - wireless, wireline and entertainment in the US and businesses globally), WarnerMedia (11%), Latin America (4%- entertainment and wireless services outside of the U.S.), and Xandr (1%). About 90% of AT&T’s revenues are derived from services while equipment constitutes the remaining 10%.

AT&T perfectly fits into the definition of a “modern media company” offering premium content, direct to customer relationship, advertising and high-speed networks to its customers, including companies, government, and wholesale and individual subscribers. With nearly four decades of its existence, AT&T has built a strong brand reputation and a loyal customer base. The company is known for its seamless service, uninterrupted internet, and efficient network operations.

Key Investment Data

  • Ticker: nyse:t
  • Sector: Communication Services
  • Industry: Telecommunication Services
  • Market Cap: 115.90B
  • Market Cap Group: Large Cap
  • P/E: 0.00
  • Dividend Yield: 6.85%


The competitive landscape is important as they compete for the same business. Below is the list of competitors in the same industry. While not displayed, a number of metrics you can also use to evaluate your picks are the Chowder Score, the Relative Strength Index (RSI), the Graham Number, and the Piotroski F-Score.

Ticker Ticker Company Market Cap P/E Yield Aristocrat Graph SectorID IndustryID
VZ NYSE:VZ Verizon Communications Inc. 157.28 7.54 7.11 NO 1 2 99
T NYSE:T AT&T 115.90 0.00 6.85 YES 1 2 99

Top Picks by Bay Street Experts

Expert stock analysts have shared their opinions, and sometimes prediction, on the company.

For more top picks from stock analysts on Bay Street, check the full list of top picks by expect stock analysts from investment and asset management firms.

Not all analysts are equal and they don't cover the same type of stocks. The analysts performance and ownership is tracked for comparison.


What is the stock ticker for AT&T?

The stock ticker for AT&T is NYSE:T.

Is AT&T a good stock to buy?

You need to consider your investment strategy and how NYSE:T can fit in your portfolio.

The current dividend income score of 4/10 and dividend growth score of 0/10. Those 2 metrics together should help you decide the fit for your portfolio. Be it for income or for growth.

Is AT&T a Buy, Sell or Hold?

The Dividend Snapshot Opportunity Score of 23 out of 100.

The score reflects the strength of a buy signal but it does not show a sell signal if it's low. The higher the better.

A sell signal is more difficult as it often relies on the reason you bought the stock in the first place.

How can I buy stocks for AT&T?

You can easily buy the T stock with an online trading platform.

Just make sure the stock fits your risk profile and investment goals.

Use A Winning Investment Strategy

My portfolio is generating over 12% annual returns since 2009. It's not from the beginning of the year or from 2019, it's from 2009 !!! That's a consistent return which means using the rule of 72, I double my portfolio every 6 years.

My approach is simple but you need key data that I have cultivated with the Dividend Snapshot Screeners. No other investment services provide you with easy to understand data but also actionable data. No hidden magic.

In fact, I have tried all of the investment services for dividend investors like a crash test dummy of investment services. Just ask me, and you'll learn why there was nothing I could use out there and that's how the Dividend Snapshot Screeners were borned!